Your little ones will particularly enjoy themselves with this arts and crafts because it will allow them to express and develop their creative side and turn the lantern into a reflection of themselves. They will be proud to be able to display their chef-d'oeuvre in the house or offer it as a gift to a family member or their favourite teacher.
What you will need
- A small glass jar (Mason jar, jam jar, sauce jar, etc.)
- Modge Podge glossy
- Paper napkins, wrapping paper, tissue, etc., themed Christmas
- Soft small brush
- Small candle or LED tea light
How to make it
- Select the pattern, picture or design that you would like to apply onto your lantern and cut it out.
- Spread a thin layer of glue with a brush on the desired area on your jar.
- Carefully, position your picture or sticker on glued area, taking care not to tear it. Make sure to put the colored part facing the outside.
- Remove any air bubbles by delicately passing your finger above your motif.
- Repeat these steps for all other motifs you would like to apply.
- Once the glue is dry, gently apply varnish over the entire surface of your motifs.
- Allow to dry.
- Insert your candle or tea light inside the lantern.
And there, you have achieved a nice simple decor that will shine a thousand lights during the holidays!