Aaaah! Summer is finally here! Warm sunny weather, barbecuing, camping, bicycle rides, rollerblading, nice walks to the ice cream parlour... the list goes on and on and on!
Besides all the sensational activities the summer season has to offer, let's not forget all the amazing apparel that comes along with it. Summer is, by far, my favorite season when it comes to clothing collections. The fashionista in me goes wild when I spot all the original, colorful and sexy clothes and shoes out there. And I couldn't mention summer without thinking of the beach, the pool and swimming. Which brings me to swimwear. Did you ever notice all the choice of styles, designs and colors they have for swimsuits?! Give me one of each please! No but really, unless you have a money tree growing in your backyard (lucky you!), you might limit yourself to purchasing one bathing suit a year, or even maybe every other year. Having to equip the whole family with swimwear can turn out to be quite pricey. However, if you show your swimsuit a little TLC, you might be able to keep it looking fabulous for many years. Therefore ending up with a little swimsuit collection of your own!
One thing about swimsuits is that they are made of high performance strechable fabrics. Salt water, chlorine, spa chemicals and sunscreen can wear away at the quality of these fabrics and will shorten the life of your swimsuit. Minimal care will ensure your swimsuit stays beautiful for as long as possible. Read the following in order to discover some care tips for maintaining the beauty and prolonging the life of your swimsuit.
- Rinse, or even better, wash your swimsuit by hand in lukewarm or cold water using a mild detergent, as soon as possible after each use.
- Never use bleach or softeners to wash or rinse your suit.
- Remove excess water from the suit by wrapping it in a towel, rather than wringing it out.
- Never leave a wet swimsuit rolled up in a plastic bag.
- Never dry your swimsuit near a source of direct heat or in direct sunlight.
- It is not recommended to machine wash swimsuits. Check the manufacturer's instructions on the label for the correct washing method.
- Rough surfaces can wear out your swimsuit.